Friday, March 03, 2006

It is now past midnight and I'm still up...argh. Why do I procrastinate like this? The laundry is drying and the suitcase is as packed as can be...and although the 5:30 am wakeup call is not something I'm especially looking forward to, this is so exciting!

So many thoughts....

- What will the people we meet be like?

- How warm will it be?
- How many other volunteers are scheduled to arrive?
- Will I and all the other light-skinned folk burn on contact underneath the southern sun?
- Someone told me that water moccassins (which are prevelant down south) are actually moccassins. I doubt it, but desparately hope that is true. ;)

There's so much to look forward to (no static electricity!), but mostly for us (I believe) is a wonderment of how the gulf coast will look once we arrive. Sure, we've seen pictures, but a 500 x 500 pixel photograph does not and will not compare to standing on Mississippi soil.


On a side note, I know that I speak for the rest of the team (who will hopefully on here as well) that we absolutely appreciate all of those who approached us after the service on Sunday. It was so wonderful to hear how many of you are and will be praying for us and those we meet. The support you've given means more than you know.


So, off we go! Thanks again for all your prayers and support. An internet connection in Mississippi is very doubtful at this point, but rest assured that we'll have a mass...multitude...a plethora...a cornucopia...a swarm (?) of pictures upon our return to the land of 10,000 lakes!

Goodbye (for now) and God Bless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home